The trademarks PI, PI NETWORK and the Pi logo, (the “Pi Logo” and, collectively, the “Pi Trademarks”), are valuable intellectual property assets of Pi Community Company and its subsidiaries, affiliates and associates (“collectively, “PI”). To preserve and protect our Trademarks and to prevent unauthorized exploitations of Trademarks by bad actors to confuse and scam PI community members, it is essential that they are used properly. Follow these Guidelines for using PI’s Trademarks properly in all apps, communications, documents, and electronic messages.
These Guidelines apply to any third parties who may be licensed to use Pi Trademarks, including but not limited to PI community members, developers, partners and licensees. If you are a Licensee of a PI Trademark or Logo pursuant to a written agreement, your license agreement may have particular usage guidelines different from or in addition to those provided here.
You may reference PI’s products and services using the PI Trademarks, so long as such references are: (1) truthful, fair, and not misleading, and (2) comply with these Guidelines, which may be modified from time to time by PI in its sole discretion. The PI Trademarks should never be used in a way that could cause anyone wrongly to believe that your products or services are offered, endorsed, or sponsored by PI or any of its subsidiaries, associates and affiliates unless your use is specifically licensed by Pi.
PI reserves the right to terminate at its discretion any party’s use of a PI Trademark that does not comply with these Guidelines.
When you use any of our Trademarks, you must do so in a manner that will not cause confusion. For example, your use of any of our Trademarks must not suggest, either directly or through implication, that your product or website is a Pi product or website, or that your product or website is sponsored or endorsed by Pi.
Similarly, you may not use a Trademark that is too close to ours, such as an obvious variation of one of our marks.
You may use our word marks to truthfully refer to the PI™ Network, following the guidelines below.
- Properly designate the status of PI’s Trademarks by using the correct trademark symbol (® or ™) reflecting PI’s ownership of particular marks as set forth below, and as this may be amended from time to time.
- PI ™
- PI NETWORK ™
- Use trademark notice the first or most prominent time you use a PI Trademark.
- Include attribution of PI’s ownership of the Trademark in the following format: “_______ is a trademark of PI Community Company.”
Trademarks Are Singular Adjectives, Not Verbs And Should Not Be Made Possessive
Use the PI Trademarks only as adjectives followed by the appropriate generic product or service noun describing the relevant product or service (e.g., “the PI ™ app”). PI Trademarks should not be used in plural or possessive form or as verbs.
PI Word Trademark
You may use the PI trademark to indicate that your app is compatible with Pi. If you wish to include “Pi” in the name of your Pi app, domain names, and/or social media handles, you will be required to execute a Trademark Licensing Agreement, which will be made available on the Dev Portal app of the Pi Browser.
If permission is granted to you, you are only permitted to use “Pi” in the following permissible forms:
“App_Name for Pi” or “App_Name on Pi” or something similar
You may not otherwise incorporate a Pi Trademark into your own non-affiliated product or service names, trademarks, logos, company names, or domain names, and you may not seek trademark or domain name registration for any term that includes a PI Trademark unless pursuant to a written trademark license from Pi.
PI Logo Use
You may use the Pi Logo solely to identify yourself and your app as a member of the Pi Network community. You may not use a PI Trademark or Logo for any commercial purposes, or in association with any other goods or services unless pursuant to a written trademark license from Pi.
Your use of the Pi Logo must be solely in this form and colors:
You may not revise, alter or otherwise modify the Logo in any manner.
Pi Brand Colors
Please do NOT use Pi Network’s brand color palettes in building your app’s design. The colors can cause confusion among Pioneers, and lead them to erroneously believe that your app is affiliated with the Pi Core Team.
Style Of Use
When using PI Trademarks: (i) use our Logo exactly it appears here, and do not alter or distort its appearance in any way, for example, by adding your own design elements or changing the font, colors, or size; (ii) allow for clear space around our Logo; and (iii) maintain the legibility of our Logo and keep it sharp, clear, and well-produced. When using our word Trademarks, you may not change their appearance by abbreviating them, incorporating them into acronyms, changing their spelling, using them in parts, or using improper capitalization.
An exception to the above is when Pi invites participants to create Pi-themed artwork, for which creative works using the Pi Logo may be created, solely for non-commercial community engagement purposes.
No Trademark Bidding
Unless expressly permitted in an agreement between you and PI, you may not bid on a PI Trademark (or any variant or extension thereof) as a keyword on any search engine, or use a PI Trademark (or any variant or extension thereof) in any form of paid advertising including, but not limited to, paid social and display advertisements.
Use Of PI With PI Compatible Apps
You may use the Trademark PI to truthfully specify that your app is compatible with the Pi Network.
Correct Usage: “This app works on the Pi Network.”
- refer to PI solely to indicate that your app is compatible with the Pi Network
- If you wish to include “Pi” in the name of your Pi app, domain names, and/or social media handles, you will be required to execute a Trademark Licensing Agreement, which will be made available on the Dev Portal app of the Pi Browser. If permission is granted to you, you are only permitted to use “Pi” in the following permissible forms: “App_Name for Pi” or “App_Name on Pi” or something similar
- use the Pi Logo, , in its exact form, solely to indicate that you are a member of the Pi Network community.
You may NOT:
- use the PI trademark in any way other than to indicate that your app is compatible with Pi or unless you are licensed to do so by Pi
- name your app in the form of “Pi App_Name”
- use the Pi trademark in a company name, app name, domain name, social media account or any other manner unless you are licensed to do so by Pi
- use any PI Trademarks to imply sponsorship or endorsement by us, or create confusion with our brand and any other brands
- use any Pi Trademarks on any other goods or services unless you receive written permission from us
- change the color of the Pi Logo or photoshop or otherwise modify our Logo
- use Pi Network’s brand color palettes in building your app’s design. The colors can also confuse Pioneers that the app is affiliated with the Pi Core Team
- add words or other shapes to our Logo
- associate our trademarks with any vulgar, obscene, indecent or unlawful material
- use a trademark, domain name, or logo that is confusingly similar to our Trademarks
- use a PI Trademark in a disparaging or degrading manner.